In the frame of the Christian Doppler Laboratory of Image and Knowledge Driven Precision Radiation Oncology (IRENE) at the Department of Radiation Oncology we are offering 4 PhD and one study assistance position. Through enrolment in a three-year PhD program (N094) at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria, all students will work together on innovative projects within a peer group and will receive broad training in for a career in academia, industry and beyond.
The CD laboratory IRENE aims to improve cancer care by increasing the precision of radiation oncology by integrating two major pillars in contemporary personalized medicine: Technological improvement will be combined with modern radiobiology-driven adaptive treatment concepts together with innovative forms of prospective automatized data collection and outcome assessment.
Research team and infrastructure
Located in Vienna, the most livable city in the world, the Department of Radiation Oncology at the Medical University of Vienna is a high-end equipped photon and brachytherapy department where cutting edge research meets excellent oncological care. The interdisciplinary team in this project is put together by medical doctors, the medical radiation physics group and the large group of RTTs and study assistance.
What We Offer
- A highly interdisciplinary and collaborative work environment.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities and technologies
- Strong collaboration with the industrial partners Elekta, Brainlab and Philips
- Strong collaboration and network between the interdisciplinary projects
- Enrolment in the Doctoral PhD program N094 at the Medical University of Vienna
- Funding that covers all research costs, work – related travel expenses, salary and health insurance for 3.5 years
What We Expect
- Analytical skills and ability to work independently on a project basis
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
General project and contact information
- Start of project:01.2024
- Place of work: Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna
- Salary: 30 hours/week (according to salary scheme of the Austrian science fund FWF – https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs)
- Closing date for application: 19.11.2023