Postdoc (f/m/d) Improving proton therapy for moving targets
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists (f/m/d) specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to crucially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically-personalized and technically-optimized.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Medical Radiation Physics invites applications as Postdoc (f/m/d) Improving proton therapy for moving targets.
The position will be available at the earliest possible date. The employment contract is limited to two years.
You will shape and push translational medical physics research for the optimal treatment of moving targets with the specific aim of developing and clinically implementing methods for automated QA and intervention procedures for an online-adaptive proton therapy (OAPT) workflow. Your key topics are:
- Automation of 4D log-file based dose reconstructions and the exploration of 4D prompt gamma imaging based intervention for both state-of-the-art proton therapy and next generation treatment options like OAPT or proton arc therapy
- Evaluation of clinical studies in close cooperation with the clinical team to validate the identified and implemented best-practice treatment of moving targets
- Application and improvement of modern image guidance as well as its integration into the online-adaptive workflow
- Publication and presentation of research results in peer-reviewed journals and at international conferences
- Supervision of students and doctoral candidates and the preparation of funding applications
- PhD degree in the field of Medical Physics or a comparable applied/natural science
- Profound practical experience in the research field of proton or ion beam therapy or adaptive radiotherapy
- Advanced knowledge in time-resolved (4D) imaging via CT, CBCT or MRI, research experience at clinical or experimental accelerators, competent operation of the treatment planning system RayStation and good programming skills including Al methods, e.g. in python
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented working methods, analytical thinking, above-average commitment and active work experience in a multiprofessional and multidisciplinary environment
- Actively pursued publishing activities and first experiences in third-party fundraising
- Strong communication and English language skills
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- A wide range of qualification opportunities and individual career counseling provided by the Postdoc Center HZDR-TUD
- The employment contract is limited to two years with the possibility of longer-term prospects
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.